WHERE BAMBOO FLOORING CAN BE USED
The bamboo plant is the source through which the bamboo floor will be accomplished. Bamboo Flooring products are originated from Asia, and most of the significant production takes place in China. Bamboo has the same physical similarities as hardwood. The strength and durability of Bamboo are the main factors promoted by bamboo floor manufacturers. Bamboo can withstand moisture, and you can switch over to the same as part of the eco-friendly measures.
Cost: Rs 150 to 350 / sq ft
Note: Before you choose any flooring option, it’s suggested that you take the opinion of the architects who are appointed to work for building your dream house.
There are different kinds of bamboo. You should select the one which meets the functionality as per the availability in your location. It would be best if you understood the properties of bamboo so that you will consider it for your needs in a wise way. The greatest asset is that the floor can be maintained very easily, and you will not contribute to environmental pollution as you go for bamboo flooring. The stalk floors should be maintained as you would maintain hardwood flooring.
ADVANTAGES OF BAMBOO FLOORING
• Offers water resistance.
• It is prepared with natural material.
• The significant advantage of bamboo flooring is that it’s Equal to the price of hardwood flooring.
• The bamboo is solid by nature. The strength can be further enhanced through strand oven techniques.
• Trendy look is generated through the utilization of bamboo.
• The elegance of the space is enhanced through the styling.
• Quick and easy to install.
• Weather-resistant if appropriately treated before application.
DISADVANTAGES OF BAMBOO FLOORING
• Scratches will be formed by using bamboo flooring. It will take place after a long period.
• The major disadvantage of bamboo flooring is that the color will not be attractive over time.
• Through the great finish, you can get a fresh look.
• The adhesive used in fixing bamboo sticks might release chemicals into the air.
• The floor planks will plump if you install them in areas where there is heavy moisture.
• No rating system to assess the quality of the material.
DURABILITY OF BAMBOO FLOORING
Even though the strength of the floor prepared with bamboo will enhance, it will not be hard enough to withstand heavy loads. Hence, the bamboo durability flooring should be used very carefully. There will be a significant improvement in aesthetics.
You should select high-quality planks so that they will sustain for a long period. They will be bright and radiant even after using for many years. It would be best if you wanted to take minimum maintenance measures so that longevity can be enhanced. If you purchase natural and un-carbonized bamboo harvested and manufactured by applying great quality standards, the flooring strength will be as high as the red oak.
MAINTENANCE FOR BAMBOO FLOORING
When bamboo is treated skillfully by using efficient techniques, the natural strength will be further enhanced. The sanding that can be done will be decided based on the thickness of the bamboo. The maintenance of this kind of flooring should be done in line with the hardwood flooring. The dust and grime should be removed by using the dust mop.
Bamboo Maintenance with a Stiff bristled broom should be used if there is a massive pile-up of dirt and debris. It would be best if you did not spread wet mops as the material will damage over a period. The web mop will also influence the longevity of the flooring. The adhesives will release chemicals into the atmosphere.
If you are using any detergents, you should cross-check them if they are eligible to be used on the bamboo surface. Some manufacturers follow very high international standards. You will also get information about the maintenance to be taken at regular intervals. Overall, maintenance will not be a challenging aspect. However, proper care should be made so that the flooring will not be destroyed.