Which do you prefer . . ? Eco friendly house or conventional house. .?
These days the prohibitive construction cost makes people think twice before they start construction of their dream home. On the other hand, environmentalist suggests that people should build greenhouses because it is Eco friendly, economical and the building can be constructed within a short span of time. The question that naturally arises is…what are the points of difference between conventional or green design.
What are Eco friendly house plans and its Impact on Nature
• Natural products available locally: As the very name suggests, these buildings are Eco friendly because they are constructed out of the natural products like wood and such other materials available in plenty.
• Easy to construct and maintain: Further, it is very easy to construct a green building as per plan. As a result, you save on preliminary expenses on water and electricity. Further, eco house designed buildings are easy on maintenance. Just apply an appropriate coat of varnish or paint and that would be enough to save the wood from termites and also from harsh weather condition.
• Cost effective and known for aesthetic beauty: These natural products do not cost any burden on the budget of the individual. By using eco-friendly products, you are protecting the ecology of the place. Eco friendly buildings are popular for their aesthetic beauty and also for their attractive interior designs. In a green building design, you can also use modern gadgets like the fans, air conditioner, and air cooler and so on. As a result, you find the sustainable design are more advantageous than conventional building plans.
What are Conventional House plans and Its Impact on Nature
• Uses natural resources like sand, steel and so on: These conventional house designs involve the use of materials like steel, sand, cement, abundant water, wood and so on. Of course, these are nothing but the use of natural resources. For example, continuous excavation of sand from the river bed can affect the course of the river and it can in turn affect the ecology of the particular region. But, the use of sand in the construction work will make the building strong and long-lasting. Further, such buildings will present a wonderful aesthetic beauty.
• Construction of multi storied building: By using these building materials multistory buildings can be constructed. Such multistory buildings will provide accommodation for hundreds of families. If you use green house building materials, then it may not be possible to build multistory buildings.
• Cost of construction: Further, the cost of construction of green house building is considerably higher as compared to that of conventional buildings. The, greenhouse buildings require periodical maintenance. It is said that greenhouse buildings require maintenance every alternative year. That would be a burden on the budget of the individual. As you know, conventional buildings will last for at least 70 to 80 years. On the contrary the green house building may last for 15 to 20 years. After this period, the green house building should be constructed afresh.
Perhaps we can conclude that conventional buildings have a higher durability ratio as against Eco friendly buildings. Your choice of conventional or sustainable building plans depend on the type of building you are constructing.