Where Ceramic Tiles can be used . . . !
When you install right kind of ceramic tiles, the surface area can be cleaned in an efficient way. The functionality as well as decorative purpose will be served efficiently by using these. Value of the property will be enhanced depending upon the selection of right kind of ceramic tiles and installation in the best possible way. By using modern manufacturing methods, it is possible to design new kinds of tiles. It is possible to imitate the look of natural stones and hardwood materials.
Cost : Rs 25 to Rs 50 / sq ft
Advantages of Ceramic Tiles
• The major advantages of Ceramic Flooring are the vast array of colors when you go for flooring.
• You can take advantage of long-term performance
• These tiles can be chosen for various locations including floors, walls and different kinds of designs.
• The maintenance is easy so that you can save lot of time.
• Additional level of security is provided through the ceramic tiles. They are fire-proof.
• The beauty of dining rooms and living areas can be enhanced by using ceramic tiles.
• Tiles can be cut and shaped into triangles, rectangles and planks.
Disadvantages of Ceramic Tiles
• As the major disadvantages of ceramic flooring surface is extremely hard, it is easy to clean them and maintain them. However, it is very difficult to stand upon the ceramic tiles.
• Hard ceramic tiles cannot be softened very easily.
• Right kind of mortars and tools are required to install ceramic tiles.
• As the weight of ceramic is heavy, you might not be able to consider them for upper floors.
Durability of Ceramic Tiles for Flooring
If you can take care of the minimum maintenance steps, you will be able to enhance the durability of ceramic tiles. As the surface is very hard not allergens are attracted on ceramic tiles. The surface is very tough and it will not crack very easily in spite of severe impact. The replacement of a tile is very easy. If you install these in an efficient way, they will give long life. The best installation and maintenance will last for 10 to 20 years.
Maintenance involved in Ceramic
Ceramic flooring can be cleaned very easily. If you are living in a heavy traffic area, mopping is required. You should not use detergent or soap as the shining of the surface will be affected.
In order to trap the soil effectively, mats should be arranged at doorways. If no mats are arranged other substances will land upon the floor. In order to avoid scratches on the tiles, protective plastic pads should be arranged to furniture legs. Felt or similar kind of material should be affixed on chairs and tables so that the flooring can be protected.
As dirt and stains are visible on the surface of the tiles, cleaning can be accomplished very easily. As part of regular maintenance, you should want to sweep the tiles and should vacuum with a soft brush. There will not be any debris on the floor. Heavy duty cleaners are used so that you will not want to worry about the damage of tiles.
How efficient are ceramic tiles?
Ceramic tiles are manufactured by using traditional production method, kiln firing. Flooring can be accomplished by using tiles available in wide range of colors, sizes and shapes. The design goal can be achieved very easily. If you opt for best flooring, there are various choices in front of you. The choices include Daltile, Kaska, Takla and Tarino. The interiors can be enhanced by installing ceramic tiles in an efficient way.
Asain Tiles, Rak Ceramics, Nitco Tiles, Somany, Kohinoor, Johnson, Kajaria, Bell, Regent.